MONTHLY GARAGE SALES
NOTICE: All Surplus Property & Recycling public garage sales are cancelled until further notice.
Due to the difficulty of ensuring public health through
social distancing and use of face coverings in a garage sale atmosphere,
Surplus Property and Recycling is suspending monthly garage sales until further
notice. We will reevaluate as the public health situation
changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We will
continue to offer items for sale on our public auction website.
Click here to shop online.
The public is welcome to attend monthly garage sales of state surplus property held at the surplus warehouse at 16 West Custer Avenue in Helena on the second Friday morning of every month. Property may include file cabinets, office chairs, desks, tables, electronics, tools, shop equipment, pocketknives and many miscellaneous items. Any vehicles or titled items in the garage sale will be sold by silent auction ending at 10:00 a.m.
HOW IT WORKS
- Sale hours are 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon.
- Please observe all posted social distancing guidelines.
- All items are tagged. If an item is too large to carry, remove the tag and bring the tag to the sales counter to pay.
- If there is no tag on an item, it is already sold.
- No early previewing.
- Pay by cash, check or credit card.
- Loading assistance is available for all items unless marked.
- All items must be removed by 12:00 noon unless other arrangements are made.
An overview of each sale can be found in the Helena Independent Record newspaper or on Craigslist shortly before the sale.
For more information about the garage sale contact the State Surplus Property Program at (406) 444-9921.